Killer Chocolate CakeSeptember 17th, 2012 | Posted by in Perspectives
I make this every now and then when we want something extra special for dessert. This recipe is actually from Hershey’s, and it is oh soooooooo good! The batter is very thin and consequentially the cake can fall if it is not handled with care, or removed from the oven too soon. But even if it falls, it really tastes good. YUM!
Hershey’s “Perfectly Chocolate” Chocolate Cake
2 C sugar
1 3/4 C all-purpose flour
3/4 C Hershey’s Cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 C milk
1/2 C vegetable oil (olive oil tastes the best!)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 C boiling water
“Perfectly Chocolate” Chocolate frosting
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans, or one 13 x 9 pan.
2. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour into pans.
3. Bake 30–35 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. (Do not under bake or it may fall.) Cool 10 min, remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. Frost with pecan and coconut frosting, or frost with “Perfectly Chocolate” Chocolate Frosting. Makes 10–12 servings.
“Perfectly Chocolate” Chocolate Frosting
1 stick (1÷2 C) butter
2/3 C Hershey’s Cocoa
3 C powdered sugar
1/3 C millk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Melt butter. Stir in cocoa.
2. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating on med. speed to spreading consistency. Add more milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting.